Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SURGERY FOR SHO....

Well guys and gals, yesterday was the big day for me!  I FINALLY had my surgery for the Dr.'s to see what the heck has been going on with me.  So here's a rundown of events for my big day!

Monday 2/22/10, @ 6pm I received a blessing from my brother Kraig and my brother-in-law Dave.  It amazes me everytime I get a blessing how it does exactly what I need it to do!  I am so grateful to my brothers for giving me that peace I needed and the knowledge that Heavenly Father will be there with me too!  My family all started a family fast that night for me, which is always awesome to feel your family is behind you as well!

Monday 2/22/10, @ 10:30 I actually fell asleep!  I thought I'd be up all night but I passed out quick!  Again, thank you Dave and Kraig!

Tuesday 2/23/10, @ 7:45am we arrived at the KGH surgical center to get checked in!  By 8:30 I was in a bed waiting to go to my operation room!  I was all hooked up, and IV'd up it was rediculous!  But the nurses were so awesome and nice, they went and go Cory for me and he was able to sit with me until I had to go to surgery!  Well, needless to say when Cory was sitting there he fell asleep and I fell asleep!  The next thing I know my surgical nurse is at the foot of my bed shaking my foot and feeling bad for waking us up!  This is how relaxed I was, I was waiting for surgery and I fell asleep!  CRAZY!


Tuesday 2/23/10, @ 9:15 I was rolled into the operating room!  My anasthesiologist snuck attacked me on my way into the operating room!  I thought that was so funny!  I had given me a mild sedative, then gave me my sleepy time drug!  That is so crazy when they do that!  I remember them talking to me and I remember thinking, please let me fall asleep now, please let me fall asleep now!  I kept thinking that because they have to strap you down when you have surgery and I knew I'd flip my lid if they did that while I was awake!  So needless to say my next coherant moment was in the recovery room!

Tuesday 2/23/10, @ 11:30, I woke up, the nurses asked me what I needed and I told them very strongly, I WANT MY HUSBAND NOW!  Oh and water would be very nice, thank you!  Just like that!  They thought it was the funniest thing ever!  So Cory came in and we finished at the hospital and I was in my own bed by 12:30pm!  It all went by so quickly!


The Verdict
Well, we all know I had my tubal pregnancy in 2008, well that tube was dilated and releasing a toxin into my body that kills anything that tries to live.  This is why I couldn't get pregnant.  So Dr. Smith went out and talked to Cory, told Cory in his medical opinion the best option would be to tie the tube off.  Cory gave to go ahead!  So they tied off my damaged tube!  The next thing the Dr. ran into was that my healthy tube was STUCK to my ovary!  This is what has been causing me so much pelvic pain on a consistant basis and while on my period!  It's been brutal!  They figured what happened was when I lost so much blood internally that some of the blood made my tube stick to my ovary!  Crazy!  Dr. Smith also found some areas that he thought looked like the start of endometriosis and burned all of those areas that looked suspicious!

So all in all, this was very good for us!  We have been told that the tube I still have is in PERFECT condition and I have the healthiest uterus he's ever seen for having what has been happening to me!  He's very certain that we should now be able to have those children we've been so desperately wanting!  We are so happy!  I feel great!  I'm glad it's over but proud of myself for being so strong!  Cory is taking great care of me!  So keep us in your prayers and keep your fingers cross!  Like I said before 2010 is my year!

10 comments:

The Black Family said...

WOW! You have been through a lot! Hang in there! And like you said 2010 is your year! That is great that you were able to have Cory by your side and it sounds like a wonderful doctor as well. Take care, and again know my prayers are with you.

David and Kira said...

I am glad it all worked out well! Hopefully these are the answers you have been waiting for!!

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

I am so glad you and Cory got some answers! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you recover from the surgery.

janica said...

wahoo!! I"m glad they found what was going on and fixed it, yay to babies:)

Andersen said...

I have to say I got a little emotional when you were talking about getting a blessing and the family fast. It is so wonderful that you have family there to support you in everything you need. You have dealt with all of this with grace and great faith. You know now you will probably have twins or something because Heavenly Father knows you can handle anything! :) You are definetly in our thoughts and prayers.

Cory and Andrea said...

Thanks everyone! It's nice of you all to think of me as strong! What it all really boiled down to was I didn't want it to be reality! So I'd ignore it! LOL! I had my days when I'd break down or want to hit someone who was being mean to their kids! But the Lord has blessed me with a great husband, family and friends! Jade if I have twins, you're watching them! LOL!

The Abegglens said...

I'm so glad everything went so smoothly. I love anesthesia (sp). I had to be knocked out in December so they could blow up a kidney stone. Anyway, I hope you are feeling great and I hope things turn out!! Good Luck with everything!! You'll love having babies!

The Warr's said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. We have been praying for you guys here. 2010 is your year!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

So glad everything went well and you got some great new. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys! I am glad things went well and that you got some answers! Hopefully we will be hearing some exciting news in the months to come.