Monday, March 30, 2009

I Feel The Fire...


So my parents are on their mission in Wyoming for The Martin And Willie Handcart Company memorial! They absolutely love it there! They told all of us kids to read this book by Gerald N. Lund called Fire Of The Covenant! It's is pretty much what my parents are doing in Wyoming! They are learning so much about these families there and are finding some really great stories that I'll have to put on for you guys! Anyways, I'm almost done and I just have to say, this is such a great and spiritual book! What these people had to go through and what they willingly did for their faith is absolutely amazing! The courage of these people and their undying faith is so humbling, it makes you realize just how easy our lives really are! So go out and get this book, it's so worth it! But be sure to have some tissue!

4 comments:

David and Kira said...

Yeah, that is an AWESOME read! I read it a few years back and I don't know if I cried so much in any other book!

Andersen said...

It makes you cry? I have a hard enough time not crying at comercials. In church I cried while Jessica was giving her talk and thought I was going to all day. I will have to read it though. Andrea I have to say that I love your spiritual comments. Everyday I need a reminder to be humble and to appreciate what Heavenly Father has given us. Thanks!! I hope you had a great time in Arizona!

Enriquez Family said...

This is great! I just finsihsed a book yesterday and I was telling Juan I needed to get a new one. And here you are telling me about this one! Its perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi Annie & Cory:

Glad you loved the book. We look out our window and see Devils Gate here in Wyoming and so many Saints died there. They were willing to risk all to reach Zion and have religeous freedom. The Spirit is so strong here and we love our mission. We are getting excited for some good weather so we can take walks to the Cove and along the Sweetwater River. Can't wait for you guys to come in June so you can pull a handcart to the Cove and really get a feel for those pioneers.

Love, Mom and dad