Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Ode To My Mom


So my mother to me like everyone else's to them is the best! When I was little I can remember my mom worked! She worked at Les Schwab in Basin City for years and I know some of you remember that! It never bothered me that my mom worked because even at a young age I knew it was needed! I remember those days coming home from school and smelling cookies and hurrying upstairs because we knew mom that day had beat us home! I don't think she ever really knew that the joy wasn't for the cookies, but they were good, it was for her!
As I got older I did what most kids do! REBEL! I know that I was such a handful for my mom! Not only was I feisty but I was the youngest! Not a good mixture! My mom to my astonishment NEVER gave in! She held to her values and standards! Being a teenager I was of course upset, but as an adult, I have total love, respect and understanding for why she held fast!
Now as an adult, I never thought that I could need my mom as much as when I was a child! Was I ever wrong! My mom has been such a constant goodness and support in my life, that I don't know where I would have gone to without her! I have grown to respect my mom as not only just that, my mother, but as a woman!
So, mom, thank you for being a wonderful, loving and sometimes hard core mom! I don't know what I would do if you weren't! I love you!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: