Friday, February 04, 2011

Life Unexpected..... Well Not Really!

Well we are up here in Seattle and couldn't be happier!  It's kinda weird being with Cory all the time again!  I love it, but I'm not to sure about Cory!  He's realized again that I get bored and FAST!  So needless to say I bug the crap out of him!  He loves me though!  We are having such a great time together and it's made us both realize how bad being apart for two years can really stink!  Never again will that happen!  Oh no! 

But everything hasn't really been all fun and games!  We finally went to a "fertility" specialist here in Kirkland.  Let me just say I am EXTREMLY open to the whole fertility thing but I NEED options!  So, we got in to see one of the Dr.'s and after reading my notes for about three minutes, he decides my BEST(and he said best) option would be IVF!  Huh, REALLY!  That's it?  He then proceeds to tell me that 1 in 3 women who have had an ectopic pregnancy (which was my last pregnancy) don't ever get pregnant again. Long pause.... Now I'm sitting there silently freaking out and doing my best to not cry because he just basically told me I'm a statistic!  As I'm doing my best trying not to lose my mind, he then continued after his long mean pause to tell me without "help"!  UGH!  I could have flown over that desk and strangled him with his stethoscope!  Seriously, I had a very detailed vision of it in my head!  Which was slightly good enough!!  

So, basically IVF would be my quote on quote "CHEAPEST" option!  Now our insurance does not cover a dime for infertility treatments, that would be according to him $12,000 out of pocket up front and it's not a garuntee that you have a baby!  Now there is a program you can try and qualify for that gives you a percentage of your money back so you can try again!  Yeah I looked up the qualfications, me and Cory don't even qualify!  Fantastic!  So $400 later, you have a very upset and angry Andrea in the car!  I yelled, I screamed, I threw things(yes I even found things to throw!), then I just broke down in the worst sobs I've ever experienced!  All I would say to Cory is this can't be it!  Poor Cory, he truely should be given a Saints status!  He just sits there silently and lets me rant, rave and yes throw things in the car!  All he said to me is we either save the money and wait for a year or we get a second opinion!  Oh so I'm on the search for a great Dr.!  So if any of you know of one here in the Seattle area, please don't hesitate!  I need references!!

So this has made us also sit down and discuss adopting!  Now I am not opposed to adoption, but until this point it was never a real thing to me!  Yeah adopting would be great but, or I'd love to adopt but...  See the pattern?!  I just have not felt that we are there yet and I still don't!  So we have sat down and decided that we need to get our names on some lists!  So again if you know of anyone who has adopted please get some info and let me know!  I don't even know where to begin!  Do you look them up on the internet, phonebook what?!  We're trying to cover all our bases here but need assistance!!  Because I'd be just as happy with a baby I adopted, then I would with my own flesh and blood baby!  We're to a point that we are ready just to have a family and we'll have it any way we can!!

Now don't take this as a sad post because it is!  But there are alot of triumphs here as well!  I've grown up ALOT in the last 4 years!  Sometimes I forget that I'm only 28!  But in this time of my life I'm still young and able!!  I have a loving husband who would never let me fall and if I did he'd help me brush the dirt off my knees!  A wonderful man I married!  I also have my wonderful mother!  Man would I be lost without her and her never ending patience and understanding!  She's been through it all and I know she went through it so she could be that amazing foundation I need her to be!  So read this and smile!  Because we're doing alright!  Just have a little mountain to climb but we've never been better!  Hope everyone is well!!!  AB

2 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

It sounds like you are moving forward well in life. Your doing great and Heavenly father is going to help you start your family in any ways means. Good luck! I have a two people that I know that have both adopted. Facebook me and I will give you there names I am sure they would willing to help you out:)

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I always feel silly posting comments because we have never met, but your story just gets to me I guess.

There has a been a LOT of adoption in my family. I have 3 adopted siblings and a ton of cousins. Brian(Mike's bro) just adopted a little girl a year ago. And many friends. Once you adopt it is like a network and you know everyone else who has too.;)

But I also know some success stories from IVF.

Either way, good luck. It sounds like you will be a great mother.