Friday, March 02, 2012

4.5 Years Later And Look Where We Are!

Holy cow it's been forever since I've blogged!  Shame I know!  Well Cory and I are doing great!  We are still in Edmonds, but only for a short while longer as we are moving back to Tri-Cities in June!  We are both so excited but ready to move home!  We've enjoyed it here so much and have meet some amazing people!

We've had a busy last year!  Our summer was JAMMED packed!  Oh my gosh, I swear I'm still not back to normal yet!  We had weddings, camping trips, fishing tournaments, hiking adventures, our 5year anniversary and just visits to Tri Citites to see our friends and family!  We were home a total of 3 weekends!  Wow!  Exhausting but we had a blast!

Thanksgiving was so fun for us!  We got to go to Utah and spend it with my family!  Oh how I had missed my siblings, nieces and nephews!  I got to see were my niece Paige is living in Provo!  YES PAIGE!  Weird right!?  I cannot believe she is in college now!  I miss her horribly but she's so happy and having such a good time!  She is attending the Aveda Academy For Cosmetology!  She's going to be such a great cosmetologist!  This was also Cory's first time to the Greater Salt Lake!  He really enjoyed it and the time we got to spend with my family!  He really does love everyone and feels like he's a "Warr" sometimes! LOL  We went and saw the Christmas lights at Temple Square!  Cory had never been and I hadn't been in years!  Temple Square will always be my most favorite place on this earth!  It's so beautiful and peaceful, even with the HUGE crowd!  We were so sad to have to come home, but as usual duty (work) calls!  We are so ready for this Thanksgiving so we can go back!

December was a month for the record books!  On December 2nd, 2011 I found out that I am PREGNANT!  Scared the CRAP out of me!  I was not so happy!  Not going to lie I was extremely angry and sad!  Great combo for this girl!  I took a pregnancy test while I was getting ready for work.  I was one day late.  I know what you're thinking, a day is nothing to worry about!  But I'm as regular as they come!  That's why I'm such a mystery to my doctors!  I've only been a day late twice and both times I was pregnant!  I sat there watching that test thinking to myself, "Andrea, you are just going to disappoint yourself with this!  There is NO WAY you are pregnant!"!    So when that test gave me that happy little + sign, I just sat there.  I think I sat there for about 5minutes just staring at that test. 

I finally snapped back to my senses and called Cory, who was already at work just down the street.  I told him he needs to come home now!  He asked the classic, "Are you okay?"!  I just repeated to come home!  I was on the couch when he came in, at this point I had not touched that darn test.  It sat where I left it.  I told him to go into the bathroom.  I hear a "BABE".  I got up and as I was coming down our hallway, Cory was coming out of the bathroom.  He asks, "What is that?", to which I respond sarcastically, "What does it look like?".  Poor Cory I know!  Trust me we've laughed about this now!  Cory then asked, "Are you pregnant?", to which I again responded sarcastically, "It looks that way!"!  Again I know I'm a jerk, but I was not happy about this!  Cory after me being a jerk got the biggest smile on his face! 

That's when I lost it!  I just broke down right there!  All I could think was not again, not another heartbreak that I can't come back from!  Please don't do this to me again!  I told Cory that I didn't know how this happened and he proceeded to give me the "Birds and the Bees" chat, which immediately made me laugh!  He's good at that sometimes!  He told me to calm down and call my doctor!  He kissed me goodbye and went back to work!  Of course I called my mom, who said the exact same thing Cory said, Call your doctor!

So I frantically call my doctor, tell them my situation.  I'm extremely low naturally on Progesterone.  Well like a good girl who loves to research and google EVERYTHING, I know that pregnant women NEED lots of this particular hormone!  After telling them what is wrong with me, I'm told I need to get blood work done and they are putting me on Progesterone medication.  I swear my doctors here are amazing!  I could have been totally mistaken, but they listened!  So grateful for them!  After my blood work was completed, it did show my deficiency and they bumped my medication up to a higher dose! 

We then went to Christmas in Tri Cities with Cory's oldest brother CJ's family!  I didn't want to tell them we were pregnant but Cory did.  We had dinner with his parents the first night we got into town.  Luckily his Grandma Joyce was there as well.  We finished dinner and decided now was a good time!  We told them and everyone cried but me!  Again I will say I'm a jerk!  There was no excitement for me to tell anyone because in my mind if we tell them, we're only going to disappoint, right?!  So dinner was great everyone (but me) was happy and excited!  

So then it's off to tell the rest!  Thank goodness Cory has a small family or I would have been a worse wreck than I already was!  We were going to tell his siblings the same night we told his parents, but decided to wait, as some of our mutual friends came over for the game night we were having.  So the next night, I waited and waited and waited for Cory to say SOMETHING!  If he was going to do this, just do it already! Right?!  FINALLY, Cory told everyone that we were expecting.  I've known his older brother since I've known Cory, I've never seen him cry!  That night he did!  It really warmed my heart to see him so happy that it brought tears!  We love you CJ! 

As for my family, I have an AMAZING mother!  She spread the word for me, knowing I didn't really want to!  Of course she swore them to secrecy, which they all were able to hold in!  Thanks guys!

So the new year as turned out to be a brand new adventure for Cory and I!  I'm still trying to get used to the fact that it's not going to be just me and Cory anymore!  We've ALWAYS have been just us for almost 12years now!  It's the strangest feeling, but we've both said at different times that life has started again for us!  We really were on pause these last few years because we haven't been able to reach this next phase of life!

So first thing to do in this new year?!  VEGAS!  We went to Vegas to celebrate Cory's cousins birthday with her!  We had SO much fun!  I love Las Vegas!  There is so much to do and to see!  Cory jumped off of the Stratosphere Casino!  Yeah the guy is NUTS!  He LOVED it of course and wished it was cheaper so he could do it over and over again!  We stayed in the old part of Vegas!  It's so fun down there!  It's just that cool old school atmosphere!  Plus it's cheaper!  Can't beat that right! NOPE!

So that is the latest happenings of the Bonds!  I am finally excited to be having this baby!  I've gotten there now!  Now we just wait to find out what we're having!  I could have a squirrel in there and I wouldn't care!  Boy, Girl or Squirrel, this chick will be ecstatic! LOL!  I hope everyone is well!  I'll try and be better about keeping up with this thing like I used to!  I've been totally slacking!  Pictures of our adventures to come!!

No comments: