Thursday, November 06, 2008

Parents and Missions!


So probably not alot of you know that my parents are going on a mission! YAY! Well I'm really excited and all but I'm kinda not! Isn't that so selfish?! They are going to somewhere in Wyoming, I say somewhere because I can never remember! It's not that far really and the rules for the senior missionaries are totally different than the young ones! So I can totally go visit! The problem is my parents were traveling all over the U.S. delivering motor homes so they would be gone for months at a time! So what it all boils down to is now that I have them back, I'll miss them HORRIBLY when they leave!
I know that this is a dream of my parents and what daughter can't be proud to see my parents FINALLY living a dream! They have raised 9 children, have a TON of grandchildren! Now they are doing something for them after all these years! I can say with all my heart that I'm so glad they are my parents! I love them so much! They are giving their "farewell" talks, (although they aren't called that it's still what they are!) on Sunday the 16Th at 11! Come see my parents off, they'd love it!
Through everything I've been through and everything I've done, my parents faith has never wavered! I'm so thankful for that because mine never did either! It's such a blessing having such strong parents! They've made me who I am today and who I will be for eternity! I love you mom and dad!

1 comment:

Andersen said...

I am so happy for your parents! I bet they are just excited beyond belief! I think it's great to watch our parents do something for themselves. Yes, I am like you and want them to be around for me and my needs but have great pleasure in watching them be so happy. They won't be gone for long and will be back before you know it! :)
Oh I was bummed that you guys didn't stop by the other day. Maybe we will just have to come and visit you guys!